Williamson Red Bordeaux Wines
We call them Cab and Merlot but they are descendants of the same grapes grown in the Bordeaux region of France, recognized as producing the world's finest wines.
For Bordeaux-style wines, the Noble Grapes are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petit Verdot.
Now planted internationally, some or all of these five grape varieties are combined to make Red Bordeaux, the world's most coveted blended red wines.
Williamson Red Bordeaux Vineyard Collection includes single-vineyard, single-varietal examples of wines solely from these grapes - the foundation of our Bordeaux-style red wines.
- Amour Merlot
- Sultry Cabernet Franc
- Tango Malbec
- Perky Petit Verdot
- Seduce Cabernet Sauvignon
- Indulge Cabernet Sauvignon
Blended Wines ~ Meritage, Cuvée & Mélange
Blending is the art in creating Bordeaux-style wines. Williamson Red Bordeaux wines integrate the desired characteristics of the single-varietal Noble wines to produce a truly unique wine with its own set of aromas, flavors and food pairings. We label these unique blended wines as Mélange and Cuvée releasing them in four distinct categories.
The rich patchwork of our vineyards in Napa and Sonoma produces ruby-colored, well-rounded wines that are a fine accompaniment to a wide variety of many dishes. The Legacy Collection benefits from the same care as a Reserve Wine: rigorous selection, extreme precision in the winery, with meticulous specifications, reduced yields, impeccable ripeness and purity of fruit through full physiological maturation.
- Allure Meritage ~ Soft complex foods with non-intrusive spices
- Clarissa Vin Rouge ~ Complex foods with slightly intrusive spices
- Entice Cuvée ~ Foods flavored with pepper spices.
- Angel Mélange ~ Acknowledging the Angles of our Covid Experience
A wine for every day, for a dinner with friends or a glass in front of the fire, each Icon Collection wine is an harmonious blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. With fruity, toasty bouquets, these elegant wines are round and well balanced on the palate with classic charm and character, perfect for accompanying roasts and grills.
The common characteristic of First Growth Bordeaux wines is their elegance and freshness which, while they reflect a rich culture and are surrounded by a certain grandeur, are nonetheless exceptionally easy to drink.
The Williamson Reserve Collection is a group of six wines; each crafted to the specifications of the four Bordeaux Left Bank First Growth wines that resulted from the Classification of 1855; as well as the two greatest First Growth Right Bank wines.
- Cherish Mélange ~ Honoring the wines of Chateau Cheval Blanc
- Ravish Mélange ~ Honoring the wines of Chateau Petrus
- Intrigue Mélange ~ Honoring the wines of Château Haut-Brion
- Inspire Cabernet Sauvignon ~ Honoring the wines of Château Lafite Rothschild
- Ingenue Cabernet Sauvignon ~ Honoring the wines of Château Mouton Rothschild
- Impulse Cabernet Sauvignon ~ Honoring the wines of Château Margaux
Occasionally we create a remarkable wine that delivers a combination of characteristics approaching perfection in a single wine: finesse, elegance, complexity, density, intensity, length and freshness. These are the rarest of wines to be savored with a fresh palate.
- Stagecoach ~ A single-vineyard, single-varietal Napa Cabernet.
- Mary Doyle ~ Celebrating a century of family history
- Sovereign ~ So spectacular you will want to taste it alone in a dark room
More about our French Style California Wines