Catch of the Day
This delicious blend combines Australian native herbs and spices with those from the Old and New worlds.
Dust Catch of the Day spice mix over fish fillets or peeled prawns and shallow-fry or barbecue.
- Jalapeno Crab Dip
- Salt Baked Whole Fish with Lemon and Herbs
- Spiced Mussels ~ Australian Style
- Poached Shrimp with Australian Spiced Remoulade
- Crab Cakes with Sumac Aioli
- Shrimp Enchiladas with Fire Roasted Salsa
Works with all seafood sprinkled as a dry marinade.
Perfect addition to give any sauce even more of a flavor lift, for example:
- Yellow Remoulade ~ French mayonnaise with curry, dill and savory chopped pickles.
- Tartar Sauce ~ Mayonnaise with sweet pickles, capers, gherkins, lemon juice, herbs and parsley.
- Red Louisiana-style Remoulade ~ American mayonnaise with mustard, garlic, paprika and Cajun seasonings.
- Aioli ~ Mediterranean mayonnaise with oil, garlic and egg to emulsify.
- Mayonnaise ~ Oil emulsified into a mixture of lemon juice or vinegar, mustard, egg yolk, and salt.
Dust this spice mix over fish fillets or peeled prawns and shallow-fry or barbecue.
Will also work with white protein like pork chops or chicken breast.
Tofu is a low-calorie protein food but can be very bland. Try sprinkling Catch of the Day on your tofu before cooking to banish bland.
Coriander seed, sweet paprika, Australian native saltbush, turmeric, salt, Tasmanian pepperberry, lemon, wattleseed, ginger, Australian native desert lime, lemon myrtle, cinnamon, akudjura (bush tomato ground).
This delicious blend combines Australian native herbs and spices with those from the Old and New worlds. to create a tasty blend of Australian native and complimentary spices for seafood.
It makes fish and other seafood taste great and allows red wine to pair with fish - what's not healthy about that?.
Other Common Names
Fresh, natural, pure herbs and spices blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients then flown directly to our California Epicurean Kitchen.