Roasted Bacon Crusted Pork Loin
An inexpensive, tasty and easy dinner solution this juicy, tender pork loin is rubbed with a paste of bacon, mustard and caraway seeds before cooking which creates a delicious brown crust.
- sliced bacon, chopped · 12 ounces
- Herbie's Mustard Seed Yellow (whole) · 3 tablespoons
- Herbie's Caraway Seed (whole) · 2 tablespoons
- Herbie's Ginger (ground) · 2 teaspoons
- 4-rib, bone-in pork loin roast, chine bones removed · 3 1/2 pound
In a food processor, combine the bacon, mustard seeds, caraway seeds, vegetable oil and ground ginger and process to a paste.
Set the pork loin roasts on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Spread the bacon paste over the meaty side of the roasts and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Bring the roasts to room temperature and season all over with salt and pepper.
Set the pork in a roasting pan, fat side up.
Roast in the upper third of the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the roasts registers 150°.
Transfer the roasts to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
Carve the roasts and serve with side dishes of your choice.
SUGGESTED SIDE DISHES: