Side - Whole Grain Mustard & Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
A great, subtle twist on mashed potatoes that really gives them a surprisingly delicate flavor. Use this as a side dish to accompany some of our meat recipes such as our Glazed BBQ Short Ribs
- large russet potatoes, peeled, cut into ½ inch cubes · 4
- pint heavy whipping cream · 1
- Butter · 1 stick
- Whole grain mustard · 1 tablespoon
- Horseradish, prepared · 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper · 1 teaspoon
- Fresh parsley, chopped · ¼ cup
- Worcestershire sauce · ½ teaspoon
- Kosher salt · 2 tablespoons
In a large pot, add peeled potatoes and cover with cold water. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until tender with a fork, approximately 15-20 minutes. Strain potatoes from the boiling water.
In a medium saucepan, heat the cream and butter. Add the potatoes into a Kitchen Aid mixer with the paddle attachment or mash with a hand-held potato masher. Add the heated cream and butter, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, whole grain mustard, parsley, salt and pepper. Whip potatoes until smooth and creamy. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Top with a slice of butter (yes butter) and serve with Malbec glazed BBQ Short Ribs and Williamson Wines Malbec Tango!