An easy recipe from the Raffles area in Singapore for a light, North Indian flat bread. This healthy and traditional Indian flat bread combines the goodness of whole wheat and chickpea (garbanzo bean).
- Gram Flour · 1 cup
- Wheat flour · 1/2 cup
- Herbie's Ginger Powder · 2 teaspoons
- Herbie's Pepper Black Asta (ground) · 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion, chopped · 1
- Herbie's Cumin Seed (ground) · 1 teaspoon
- Herbie's Turmeric, Alleppy (ground) · 1/8 teaspoon
- Herbie's Amchur Powder (Green Mango Powder) · 1 teaspoon
- Herbie's Asafoetida Powder (Hing) · 1/8 teaspoon
- Herbie's Coriander Leaf (Cilantro), chopped · 1 tablespoon
- Olive Oil · 2 tablespoons
- Salt ·
Sieve the flour to get rid of small lumps. Mix all the ingredients. Add water and make a stiff dough. Keep covered for 15 minutes.
Knead again to make the dough smooth and divide into 5 equal sized balls.
Roll out into 1/4 inch thick roti with generous maida (wheat) flour.
Cook over hot flat non-stick saute pan (tawa) with oil or ghee smeared on both sides, until golden brown spots appear.
You can use the spatula to gently press the roti while cooking for even cooking.