Garlic Flakes (Large Slices)
Garlic Flakes are small, dehydrated pieces of garlic.
Larger than in Garlic Powder and not diluted with salt, these garlic flakes are delicious in curries, casseroles and other liquid dishes that undergo some cooking time, allowing the pieces to soften and release their garlic flavor.
- Slow-Cook Leg of Lamb with Garlic & Rosemary
- Braised Beef Brisket
- Balsamic Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Elate French Dip & Garlic Au Jus
- Kimchi - Korean Fermented Vegetable
Herbie's Garlic is available in large slices, small minced pieces and as a powder to give the best solution for each use, for example:
- Large garlic flakes are delicious in curries and casseroles.
- Minced garlic and garlic powder are ideal in dishes that will not be cooked for long including garlic and herb breads.
- Use sparingly as dried garlic is surprisingly potent when compared to fresh.
The history of garlic goes back to before Egyptian times and it is a herb which has always been valued for both its culinary qualities and medicinal attributes.
Garlic cloves are used for consumption (raw or cooked), or for medicinal purposes, and have a characteristic pungent, spicy flavor that mellows and sweetens considerably with cooking.
Health BenefitsGarlic is considered one of Mother Nature’s most potent antibiotic and antifungal plants.
Chemical properties in garlic have been shown to promote the elimination of toxins from the blood, and lymphatic system.
Garlic is considered immune boosting and may be effective in killing certain bacteria, jock itch and yeast infections.
Garlic is also thought to help with conditions of the heart, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, coronary heart disease, heart attack, and “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis).
Other Common Names
Clown’s Treacle, Poor Man’s Treacle
Fresh, natural, pure herbs and spices blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients then flown directly to our California Epicurean Kitchen.