Discussions with Bill Williamson
Australian, Farmer, Winemaker. Food Lover, Author, Software Entrepreneur, Businessman, Cenosillicaphobic - Who is this Guy?
I grow good grapes, I make good wine and I share it with friends, lots and lots of friends.
Every time I meet wine club members in one of our tasting rooms, at events or at dinner, I'm asked questions about our vineyards, grapes, wines, corks or food or a hundred other things, so I decided to answer them for everyone. I hope you enjoy . . .
- Creating a Luxury Brand ~ Overview of Williamson Wines
- A Place to Grow - New Healdsburg Headquarters
- Heritage ~ Where we came from
- Soil To Glass ~ Critical decisions
- Our Wine Styles ~ Wine has style? These do!
- French Style California Wines ~ Why French Style and how do you do that?
- Vineyard Locations - How many and where?
- Vineyards & Grape Varieties - What grows where?
- Vineyard Team - Farmers, Farmers, Farmers
- Sustainable Agriculture Practices - Where is Williamson on this concept?
- Our Original Vision in Making Wine - Decisions that defined us.
- Sparkling Wines - Méthode Champenoise.
- Winemaking - Our techniques, Vegan Wines, "Contains Sulfites".
- Vegan Wines? - Yep - no fining, no filtering.
- French Oak Barrels - Why use barrels and why French?
- Large Bottles - Looking for something unique and special?
- Private Label Wines -Like your own, personal label?
- Aging Wine - Why, how long, what about aging Williamson Wines?
- Storing Wine - Temperature, Conditions, Humidity, etc.
- Corks - Why cork? What is "corked" wine?
- Decanting Wine - Why decant, how, what wines, issues?
- Serving Wine - Serving temperature, opening, testing, presenting, pouring, glassware.
- Tasting Wine - A four step process for tasting wine.
- Recognizing Wine Flaws - Tartrate, VA, Brett, Acetaldehyde, Sulfur, RS.
- Tasting Room Teams - Those magnificent young people and their corkscrews.
- Way Beyond Wine - The Book - The Williamson Wines Story.
- GrapeGears - The software we built to run our business..
- Press & Accolades - From the time when we used to compete.
- Health Benefits of Wine - Yes - it's good for you!