Large Format Bottles
Large wine bottle sizes, referred to as "formats" make impressive and memorable gifts, often being used to celebrate a child's coming of age, a significant birthday, an anniversary or an award. Big bottles are just plain impressive, no matter the occasion. From the start, a big bottle screams celebration and sets a dramatic tone for everything from Super Bowl parties to date night.
Because of their size large format bottles are rarely consumed by individuals and often spend many years proudly on display, finally being consumed by friends gathered for that special occasion.
Larger format wine bottle sizes are well suited to longer, slower aging of Bordeaux wines, possibly developing more complexity and nuances than the same wine aged in smaller format wine bottles.
Large formats are fun to serve at events. Not only is the size impressive, but it holds some extra significance when everyone is drinking from a single bottle containing an older vintage.
Combining large format bottles with your personalized artwork, colorfully etched into the glass and crowned with a hot wax seal makes a very impressive package, made even more special when filled with a fine, age worthy wine.
Customers may order any of our standard wines in large format bottles based upon the following guidelines.
- Wines must be one of our normal wines being produced each year.
- Orders must be received by July each year for delivery in October the same year.
- Price includes:
- Wine Variety as requested
- Bottle Size as requested
- Williamson Wines Etched Glass Bottle
- Cork and Red Wax Dipping
- A delivery charge will apply depending on the bottle size and numbers.
Pricing is based on a combination of wine variety and bottle size. Price is calculated as: Wine Price + Special Bottle + Etching & Wax
- 750 ml Standard: Common bottle size (1 x Wine Price + $95)
- 1.5 L Magnum: = two standard 750 ml bottles. (2 x Wine Price + $125)
- 3.0 L Double Magnum: = four standard 750 ml bottles. (4 x Wine Price + $175)
- 4.5 L Jeroboam: = six standard 750 ml bottles. (6 x Wine Price + $255)
- 6.0 L Imperial: = eight standard 750 ml bottles. (8 x Wine Price + $355)
- 9.0 L Salmanazar: = twelve standard 750 ml bottles. (12 x Wine Price + $455)
- 12.0 L Balthazar: = sixteen standard 750 ml bottles. (16 x Wine Price + $655)
- 15.0 L Nebuchadnezzar: = twenty standard 750 ml bottles. (20 x Wine Price + $855)
Special Custom Etching
Bottles can be special custom etched with your name, company or club name, logo, etc. This requires a winery license and submission to the U.S. Dept of Treasury label registration approval process which we manage for you. You provide us with the full color art work for the front label and choose wax color. This service and process adds $95 per bottle to the above pricing and requires a minimum order of at least five thousand dollars ($5,000) which includes wine, bottles, etching and wax.
Historically wine bottle sizes, referred to as "formats", have been named after biblical kings, likely because they were the only ones who could afford the luxury or perhaps to ensure they were always surrounded by a happy, well lubricated crowd.
- Jeroboam: “First King of The Kingdom”
- Methuselah: “Oldest Man”
- Salmanzar: “Assyrian King”
- Balthazar: “One of The Wise Men”
- Nebuchadnezzar: “King of Babylon”