Japanese Chicken Curry
A perfect mild curry style sauce to bring a little tang to that chicken loin.
- vegetable oil · 2 tablespoons
- brown onion chopped · 1
- carrot chopped into pieces · 1
- Herbie's Katsu curry blend · 1 tablespoon
- plain flour · 2 tablespoons
- soy sauce · 1 tablespoon
- rice wine · 1 tablespoon
- honey · 1 tablespoon
- chicken stock · 2 cups
- chicken tenderloins · 12
- eggs beaten · 2
- panko breadcrumbs · 4 ounces
- salted plain flour · 8 ounces
- rice bran oil · 1 cup
Sauce: Cook oil, onion and carrot in heavy based pan for 10 minutes until soft. Add Katsu and flour, mix well, then add stock, soy, rice wine and honey. Simmer 15-20 mins until carrot is soft. Blitz to a smooth sauce.
Chicken: Dust with flour, then dip in egg, (allowing excess to drip off) then breadcrumbs. In a large shallow pan, heat oil and cook pieces 5 mins each side until golden. Serve with rice or desired side and curry sauce. Serves 4.
- Leftover sauce can be frozen.