Holiday Pumpkin Pie
- Sugar · 3/4 cup
- Eggs · 2
- Herbie's Pumpkin Pie Spice · 1 tablespoon
- Uncooked Pie Pastry Dough, frozen and defrosted · 1 portion
- (12oz) Evaporated Milk · 1 can
- (15oz) Pumpkin Puree · 1 can
- For the Whipped Cream: ·
- Heavy Cream · 1 1/2 cup
- Powdered Sugar · 1 1/2 cup
- Herbie's Vanilla Extract · 2 teaspoons
Start by pre heating your oven to 375 degrees.
Using a kitchen aid or any stand mixer add the eggs and sugar and whisk on the medium setting until both are well incorporated. Then add the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, and Herbie's Pumpkin Pie Spice. Then whisk for 2 more min.
Prepare the pie crust in by pressing the defrosted dough into a 9 inch pie tin. You can either trim the excess dough with a knife, crimp the edges with a fork or fold the edges over with your fingers. Then pour the Pumpkin filling into the pie shell. If you measured correctly the filling should not overflow the top of our pie shell but should come right up to the edge of the crust.
Bake for 45 min. When the pie is done the filling should be light and fluffly but still hold its shape. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour.
While the pie cools, clean out your stand mixer and add the heavy cream. Whisk on high for about 5min. or until it just about has formed stiff peaks. Turn the machine off, add the Herbie's Vanilla Extract. Whisk on the lowest setting and add the powdered sugar a little at a time until it is well incorporated. Continue to whisk until the whipped cream has reached stiff peaks or your desired texture.
Cut a nice slice of pumpkin pie, after it has cooled, and serve with the whipped cream Enjoy with Williamson Wines Amuse Barrel Selection.
- Don't like the idea of serving a whole pie for dessert? This recipe can also make a great pumpkin pie mousse that can be served on its own or piped into tartlette shells. Add the pumpkin puree, sugar, and evaporated milk to a stand mixer and whisk until well incorporated. Reserve in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, follow the same direction to make the whipped cream. In a large bowl add the pumpkin mixture and fold the whipped cream into it until it has reached your desired texture.