Vanilla Extract (Mexican 2 Folds) 25ml
Not your regular supermarket vanilla - this is a very special premium grade Mexican 2 folds vanilla extract.
Vanilla is made by drying and curing the green, tasteless pod from a tropical, climbing orchid that is indigenous to South America. The curing process takes up to 3 months and by the time it is completed, a Vanilla Bean may have been handled from between 200 to 250 times!
Commercially available Vanilla extract is not the same as artificial vanilla flavor, which is made with a chemical extracted from coal tar and wood.
Herbie's Vanilla Extract is made by steeping chopped, cured Vanilla Beans in alcohol and then distilling-off much of the spirit. Use Herbie's Spices natural Vanilla Extract instead of artificial Vanilla essence for a rounder, more full-bodied taste.
- Chocolate Pave with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Mousse
- Holiday Pumpkin Pie
- Ice Cream with Vanilla Bean & Scotch
- Pecan Pie Tarts
- Save the skin once you've used the seeds, use the pod to make vanilla sugar. Simply place the pod in a jar with 2 cups of sugar and let sit for a week or so to infuse with flavor.
- Add a whole Vanilla Bean to fruit during stewing, or slit the bean open and scrape out the millions of sticky seeds within and blend through ice-cream, unflavored yogurt or rich, thick cream.
- Fold a fresh bean in half, place in the air vent in your car and it will smell lovely for weeks on end.
Other Common Names:
- Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Bean
- Vanilla Pod
- Vanilla tahitensis
- Vanilla planifolia
Vanillin is one of the chief chemical components in vanilla bean that give it its distinctive aroma. These distinct aromas are thought to elevate the mood, but can also create soothing and relaxing sensations, and calm restlessness, and anger. Ancient Mayans believed vanilla to be an aphrodisiac. Vanillin is a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals that cause wear and tear on the tissues and cells. Antioxidants help to neutralize carcinogens, may soothe inflammation, and slow the aging process. Vanilla may also help to regulate menstrual cycles and is considered highly beneficial for women.