Figgy Pudding Cakes
- Herbie's Dried Orange Peel · 1/2 cup
- All purpose Flour · 1 1/2 cup
- Almond Flour · 2 cups
- Baking Powder · 3 teaspoons
- Herbie's Ground Cloves · 3/4 teaspoon
- Dried figs, chopped · 1 cup
- Eggs · 6
- Fig Jam · 3/4 cup
- Dawn's Olive Oil · 1 1/2 cup
- Heavy Cream · 2 cups
- Herbie's Orange Blossom Water · 1 teaspoon
Preheat oven to 350.
Rehydrate dried orange peel in boiling water.
Grease 12 ramekins with a little olive oil or cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk olive oil and 2 tablespoons of fig jam with the cream, orange blossom water, and eggs.
To a separate bowl add the flour, almond flour, cloves and a pinch of sea salt, and whisk again to combine. Add the chopped dried figs and rehydrated orange peel and stir again to combine.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk to combine.
Divide batter between the ramekins and cook for 45 minutes until cakes are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Place the remaining fig jam in a small pan with a splash of water and simmer on a medium-high heat until thick and syrupy, then remove and spoon over the warm cakes. Serve with a splash of cream.