Bill's Steak Rub
What could possibly make a steak better? How about a hint of Porcini Mushrooms, Onions, Garlic, Sea Salt, Black Pepper and a touch of Sweet Paprika ? - Yum.
Herbie and Bill got together and came up with a quick and easy, wine-friendly rub for sophisticated steak lovers, regardless of Filet, New York, Porterhouse or Rib-Eye.
This is a delicious blend of spices to compliment your steaks, spare ribs, beef short ribs, lamb or any red meat.. Add all these great flavors to your steak without the time and trouble of preparing mushrooms, onions and garlic. Just rub and grill - easy!
Our consumer testing had very positive feedback. Our own testing is extensive - having to prepare and eat every kind of steak - Ha!
Bill’s personal favorite grill method.
- Before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let the steak sit, covered, about 20 minute room temperature.
- Take about a teaspoon of olive oil in your hand and massage your steak until it has a nice even coating of oil. (wash hands)
- Dust about one teaspoon of Bill's Steak Rub on each side of the steak and pat the surface to ensure the rub adheres to the oil.
- Heat your grill to high.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over and continue to grill. Only ever turn your steaks once. See recommended turn times below.
- When done, transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Bobby Flay Recommends:
- 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
- get the grill to about 500 degrees and cook the steak on one side for 1 minute per quarter-inch thickness of steak. (so if the steak is 1" thick, side one = 4 min)
- then flip the steak and cook for 1 minute per half-inch of thickness (so if the steak is 1" thick, side two = 2 min)
- for medium-rare plus 1 minute extra for medium or 2 minutes extra for medium-well done.
Porcini Mushroom Powder, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Sweet Paprika and Onion Powder.
Package Size: 40 g - also available in 1.2 Kg chef packs.
Fresh, natural, pure herbs and spices blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients then flown directly to our California Epicurean Kitchen.