Herbs De Provence
Herbs de Provence is a classic blend of herbs traditionally used in French cuisine. It is a mixture of dried herbs typical of Provence. Herbes de Provence combines sweet French herbs and flowery lavender (a modern additive) with Italian herbs and fennel, presumably showing the historical influence of the Romans.
Herbes de Provence are used to flavor grilled foods such as fish and meat, as well as vegetable stews. The mixture can be added to foods before or during cooking or mixed with cooking oil prior to cooking so as to infuse the flavor into the cooked food. They are rarely added after cooking is complete.
Add to stews, soups, casseroles, sauces, gravies and roast meats in the same manner as mixed herbs. Excellent for roasting chicken or Cornish hens, beef or pork tenderloin, rub on ½-1 tsp. per lb. Particularly effective with game.
Used to season chicken, fish, vegetables, and more, this herb blend is one that you need to keep in your spice rack and use often to reap the many health benefits while you savor the delicious flavors.
ContentsThyme, Marjoram, Parsley, Tarragon, Celery Seed, Bay Leaves, Lavender Flowers.
BackgroundThe name "Herbes de Provence" is generic so there is no guarantee that Herbes de Provence in fact come from Provence; indeed, the vast majority of these blends come from central and eastern Europe, North Africa, and China.
- Rosemary is a Mediterranean herb said to help relieve muscle pain, improve memory, boost the immune and circulatory systems, and even to promote hair growth.
- Basil is most well known for its use in Italian cuisine. Studies have revealed that this powerful herb can reduce inflammation and swelling, has anti-aging properties, and is rich in antioxidants.
- Thyme has been said to lower blood pressure, give the immune system a healthy boost with its high level of Vitamin C, and even boost your mood!
- Marjoram, commonly known as oregano, is commonly used in many different cuisines. Marjoram is a great addition to a healthy diet. Just two tablespoons of Marjoram is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and other nutrients.
- Bay Leaves host an impressive array of health benefits. Include bay leaves in your cooking for detoxification, slowing down the aging process, promoting wound healing, anti-bacterial properties, managing diabetes, heart health, reducing inflammation, and optimizing digestion.
- Savory is an herb from the mint family used in many American and European recipes. It is commonly used to treat a number of health ailments including headaches, colic, coughing, and gastric disorders.
Fresh, natural, pure herbs and spices blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients then flown directly to our California Epicurean Kitchen.