Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork Chops
- For the Pork Chops: ·
- Pork Chops, thin cut · 2 pounds
- Kosher salt · 1 teaspoon
- Lemongrass, tender core only, minced · 3 stalks
- Garlic, peeled · 4 cloves
- Herbie's White pepper · 2 teaspoons
- Shallot, chopped · 1 cup
- Herbies jaggery, chopped, or ground finely · 1/3 cup
- Neutral oil · 2 tablespoons
- Fish sauce · 1/4 cup
- For the sauce (Nuoc Cham) ·
- Fish Sauce · 1/3 cup
- Lime Juice · 1/2 cup
- Brown Sugar · 1/3 cup
- Sambal Chili Sauce · 2 tablespoons
- To Serve: ·
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced ·
- White Rice ·
For the Pork:
Add salt, lemongrass, shallot, garlic, jaggery, and ground white pepper to mortar and pestle and create a paste, or alternately use a food processor.
Rub paste all over the pork chops and place in a ziploc bag to marinate overnight or at least 6 hours.
Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
Preheat a grill, grill pan, or cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
Grill pork chops 4-5 minutes on the first side and 2-3 minutes on the second side, depending on the thickness of your chops until pork is still slightly pink in the center and registers 135 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
Serve over white rice with thinly sliced cucumbers and drizzle generously with the sauce