Tomato Cognac Bisque
Creamy Tomato Soup with comes alive with the kick of some very special cognac spirit - a beautiful bowl of late Summer goodness.
- Unsalted Butter · 4 ounces
- Large Yellow Onion, diced · 1
- Herbie's Pepper Steak Seasoning · 2 tablespoons
- Herbie's Dried Basil · 1 tablespoon
- Canned Whole Tomatoes · 2 pounds
- Brown Sugar · 2 tablespoons
- Cognac · 1/4 cup
- Heavy Cream · 2 cups
- To Serve: ·
- Crostini ·
- Skyhill Rainbow Peppercorn Chevre ·
Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, and saute the onion for 20 minutes or until soft and translucent but not brown. Add the Pepper Steak Seasoning and Dried Basil Leaves. Add the canned tomatoes, and crush gently with a potato masher. Add cognac and brown sugar.
Bring the soup to a simmer and cover for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Set aside and cool slightly, then puree the soup in a blender.
Pour the soup back into the sauce pan, add the cream and reheat gently. Check for seasoning and serve with crostini and Skyhill Rainbow Peppercorn Chèvre.