Poached Shrimp with Romesco Sauce
This recipe requires almost no effort and is a perfect quick Summer dish.
- 1 pound Wild Caught Pink Shrimp, peeled and deveined ·
- 1/4 cup Herbie's Bouquet Garni Spice ·
- 16 ounces Roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed ·
- 8 ounces Sundried tomatoes in oil ·
- 3 cloves Garlic ·
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts, toasted ·
- 1/2 cup Blanched Almonds, toasted ·
- 3 tablespoons Honey ·
- 2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar ·
- 1 tablespoon Herbie's Hot Paprika ·
- 1 tablespoon Herbie's Smoked Sweet Paprika ·
- 2 teaspoons Diamond Crystal Kosher Salt ·
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil ·
- Herbie's Aleppo Pepper, to garnish ·
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil Add Herbies Bouquet garni.
Add shrimp and bring to a simmer, and gently poach 5 minutes until shrimp have just turned opaque. Place in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place the rest of the ingredients except the Aleppo Pepper in a food processor or blender and puree 2-3 minutes until all ingredients are fully incorporated and check for seasoning.
Serve the sauce with the shrimp and a sprinkle of Aleppo Pepper.
You may order the Herbie's spice for this recipe by clicking the spice reference on this page which will take you to the individual spice product.
You may also substitute generic spices. The contents of each Herbies spice mix are always listed within the spice product, in descending order by weight.
Herbie's spices are fresh, natural, never contain any artificial ingredients or fillers, never contain any animal or fish products so are suitable for gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, halal and kosher dishes.