Hot Ginger Shrimp
The flavor in this simple dish is absolutely incredible. Our Wild Ginger from Papua New Guinea, combined with freeze dried green peppercorns, makes a tantalizing and zingy marinade for the prawns.
- large green prawns, peeled and de-veined, tails intact · 16
- Herbie’s Freeze-Dried Green Peppercorns · 2 tablespoons
- fresh garlic cloves · 4
- coconut oil · 2 teaspoons
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve (optional) ·
- Herbie's Ginger Powder (Freeze-Dried) · 2 teaspoons
Pound ginger powder, peppercorns and garlic cloves in a mortar and pestle to create a paste, then coat prawns and leave to marinade, refrigerated, for at least 1 hour.
Heat a wok to high with coconut oil, then add prawns and all of the marinade. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until prawns are opaque. Turn off heat and serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.