Chinese Beef Stir-Fry
This stir fry is not only delicious, the thin slices of beef sirloin are quickly stir-fried with colorful vegetables and using Herbie's Chinese Stir-Fry Spices it's ready for the table in 15 minutes! Simple, quick, easy, delicious!
- Flat Iron Steak, thinly sliced · 1 pound
- Vegetable Oil · 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, minced · 5 cloves
- Fresh Ginger, peeled and minced · 1"
- bunch Green Onion, thinly sliced · 1
- Red Bell Pepper, seeded/de-stemmed and thinly sliced · 1
- Broccoli, trimmed into florets · 1 stalk
- Shiitake Mushrooms, quatered · 8 ounces
- leaves of Napa Cabbage, thinly sliced · 5
- Herbie's Chinese Stir-Fry Spices · 2 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil · 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce · 2 tablespoons
- Rice Vinegar · 2 tablespoons
- Beef Stock · 4 ounces
- Cornstarch · 1 tablespoon
- Salt ·
Start by adding the sliced beef to a medium bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of Herbie's Chinese Stir-Fry Spices and a pinch of salt. Toss the beef until evenly coated with spices.
Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large saute pan or wok over high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer add the thinly sliced beef.
Let each piece quickly brown on each side about 1 min. then flip each piece and cook for another minute. If you like your beef medium remove from the heat and reserve for later. If you would like your beef well done then continue to cook until cooked all the way through.
Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of beef stock or water to a small bowl and mix with a fork to form a "slurry". Reserve and keep on hand for later.
Using the same pan or wok, wipe some of the oil out with paper towels then return back to the heat. Add the sesame oil, once the oil begins to shimmer add the garlic, ginger, and green onion. Cook for 1 minute, then add the broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms, and 1 tablespoon of Herbie's Chinese Stir-Fry Spices.
Toss for 30 seconds, then add the soy sauce and rice vinegar. Toss for another 30 seconds, then add the cabbage, beef stock, and the cooked beef. Toss for 2 min. then add the "slurry" that you made earlier and toss for a few more seconds (the sauce should instantly start to thicken.) Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately.
Ideally this dish is served family style. Please Enjoy with Williamson Wines Caress Cuvee Blanc!
Chef Tommy's Tips:
This recipe would also be great with cubed chicken thighs, sliced pork, or even prawns!