Black Garlic Chicken
There is so much umami here it will go with just about anything.
- Olive Oil · 4 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce · 4 tablespoons
- Herbie's Black Garlic Powder · 2 teaspoons
- Honey · 2 tablespoons
- Herbie’s Urfa Biber · 1 teaspoon
- Herbie’s Porcini Powder · 1 teaspoon
- Herbie’s Hungarian Paprika · 1/2 teaspoon
- Chicken drumsticks or thighs (skin on) · 12
- micro-herbs, to serve (optional) ·
The heavenly sweet sticky black garlic makes the perfect base for a marinade or dressing. Replace the oil with butter and chill to make a wonderful spiced butter for roasted and grilled meats and vegetables, particularly large roast mushrooms.
Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Combine Black Garlic Powder with the next 7 listed ingredients. Either shake together in a jar, or for a smoother paste, blitz in the small bowl of a food processor.
Take the marinade and rub all over chicken, gently lifting the skin and pushing some under there too.
Place chicken pieces on a lined baking tray and roast for 30 minutes until cooked through.
Serve immediately, or allow to cool before refrigerating (great for picnics!)