Spicy Spanish Smoked Fish Chowder
A feast of delicious fish and seafood in a beautifully seasoned creamy broth.
- 'Nduja Spicy Proscuitto Spread · 8 ounces
- Shallots, minced · 3
- Garlic, thinly sliced · 6 cloves
- Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in 1/4 inch dice · 3
- Herbie's Paella Spice · 1/4 cup
- Crushed Tomatoes · 28 ounces
- Clam Juice · 16 ounces
- Smoked Trout, flaked · 8 oz package
In a medium sauce pot saute the 'Nduja for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until fat is rendered and the 'Nduja is browned slightly.
Add the shallots and saute another 2 minutes and then add the sliced garlic and cook until both the shallots and the garlic are softened.
Add the potatoes and the paella spice, stir to combine.
Pour in the clam juice and crushed tomatoes and 1 cup of water and stir.
Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft but not mushy.
Remove from the heat and stir the trout through.