Risotto Robiola is simple to make and is certainly a dish impossible to forget, thanks to the wonderful flavor and aroma.
- Robiola Rustica cheese · 8 ounces
- small onion, chopped · 1
- Truffle Salt · 1/2 teaspoon
- vegetable broth · 1 quart
- white wine · 1 cup
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano · 1 tablespoon
- Herbie's Pepper Black Asta (ground) · 1 teaspoon
- Herbie's Parsley Leaves Rubbed, chopped · 1 tablespoon
- butter · 1 tablespoon
- cream · 5 tablespoons
- Dawn extra virgin olive oil · 1/2 cup
- organic risotto rice · 10 ounces
Sauté the chopped onion in a saucepan with the olive oil until softened. Add the rice and fry well until transparent. Add the wine and simmer until it reduces. Add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer. As the stock is absorbed add more stock. Continue this way for about 15 minutes, until the rice is soft and tender, but with the grains still firm in the center. In a bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water, blend the cream and Robiola cheese. Season to taste and heat until the cheese has melted. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in butter and Parmesan. Serve the risotto on warmed plates and top with melted Robiola cheese. Garnish with thinly sliced truffles. Stir well for another minute and then serve the risotto with our Truffle Salt sprinkled over the top. Since this is quite a hearty dish, we suggest you serve it with a vegetable side-dish or a leafy salad.