Ricotta Stuffed Shell & Marinara
These easy and simple ricotta stuffed shells are filled with savory ricotta and parmesan then baked with flavorful marinara.
dried jumbo pasta shell
whole milk ricotta
grated parmesan cheese
sprigs thyme, chopped
sourdough breadcrumbs, toasted
Herbie’s Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook jumbo pasta shells in boiling, salted water for 7-10 minutes, until soft and tender.
- Drain water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, ricotta, grated parmesan cheese, thyme, lemon zest.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Move ricotta mixture to pastry piping bag and begin to fill cooked pasta shells.
- Spoon half of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the baking dish evenly.
- When pasta shell is filled, place it on top of the marinara sauce with the seam side up.
- Repeat until all shells are filled.
- Top the shells with the remaining marinara sauce.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once removed from oven, allow pasta to cool for 5-10 minutes then serve.
- Top with Herbie’s Italian seasoned breadcrumbs once plated.
You may order the Herbie's spice for this recipe by clicking the spice reference on this page which will take you to the individual spice product.
You can always call us on 707-433-1500 or email us. We will deliver it directly to you via USPS, usually within a few days.
You may also substitute generic spices. The contents of each Herbies spice mix are always listed within the spice product, in descending order by weight.
Herbie's spices are fresh, natural, never contain any artificial ingredients or fillers, never contain any animal or fish products so are suitable for gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, halal and kosher dishes.