Heirloom Tomato, Pomegranate, Sumac Salad
Try this simple salad of ripe, juicy, fresh-picked heirloom tomatoes with a sweet, tangy pomegranate and sumac dressing and a handful of fresh herbs.
- extra virgin olive oil · 3 tablespoons
- Herbie's Pomegranate Molasses · 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice · 1 teaspoon
- Herbie's Sumac (ground) · 2 teaspoons
- Herbie's Pepper Black Asta (ground) · 1 teaspoon
- Truffle Salt · 1 teaspoon
- Heirloom Tomatos · 2 pounds
- small shallot, thinly sliced · 1
- fresh basil · 1 tablespoon
- fresh mint · 1 tablespoon
Whisk together the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, sumac, and pepper, and salt to taste.
Slice the tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slabs and the shallots into very fine slices.
Arrange the tomatoes and shallots on a platter and drizzle with dressing.
Tear the herb leaves into small pieces and scatter them on top of the tomatoes.
Finish with truffle salt. and serve with Joy Sauvignon Blanc.