Chicken Mole Tostadas
- Chicken thighs, boneless, skinless · 3 pounds
- Neutral oil · 2 tablespoons
- Onion, diced · 1
- Garlic · 3 cloves
- White bread, cubed · 1 Slice
- Whole blanched almonds · 2 tablespoons
- Mole Poblano Blend · 3 tablespoons
- Crushed Tomatoes · 2 cups
- Chicken stock · 2 cups
- Raisins · 2 tablespoons
- Herbie's Mexican Chocolate · 1 disc
- Creme Fraiche for serving ·
- Cilantro for garnish ·
- Tostadas ·
Heat a dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the oil and saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
Add the cubed bread and almonds and toast in the oil.
Add the mole poblano blend mix through. Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock and raisins and bring to a simmer.
Chop chocolate and add to the pot.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Remove from the heat and blend with either a hand blender or vitamix.
Return to medium low heat. Add chicken and braise for 45 minutes to an hour until chicken shreds apart easily. Shred chicken into the sauce.
Serve on toastadas garnished with creme fraiche and cilantro.