Cambodian Fish Curry
This traditional classic Cambodian curry is popular among locals and tourists alike. Our version of this this fresh and lively seafood curry is made with Herbies Amok Spice Mix which adds the essential Asian aromatics and flavor.
- red chill sliced for garnish · 1
- sliced green beans · 1/2 cup
- green prawns, shelled · 12
- fish fillets · 1 pound
- coconut milk · 1 1/2 cup
- salt · 1/2 teaspoon
- broken palm sugar · 1 tablespoon
- fish sauce · 1/2 teaspoon
- Herbie's Amok Spice Mix · 1 tablespoon
- Asian shallots chopped · 2
In a pestle and mortar or small blender, grind onion, salt, spice mix, fish sauce and sugar to make a paste. (Add a drop of water if necessary.) Stir paste in wok over medium heat 2-3 minutes, then add coconut milk. Stir, bring to simmer. Add fish and prawns, simmer approx 12 minutes until cooked.
Serve over rice and sprinkle chili over the top and pair with Frolic Viognier.