Asian Noodle Bowl
- Rice Vermicelli Noodles · 6 ounces
- Warm Water · 12 ounces
- English Cucumber, julienne or matchstick · 1
- Carrots, julienne or matchstick · 2
- Bunch of Cilantro · 1
- Herbie's Dukkah · 3 tablespoons
- For the Dressing: ·
- Sesame Oil · 1/3 cup
- Fish Sauce · 2 tablespoons
- Rice Wine Vinegar · 2 tablespoons
- Lime, juiced · 1
- Sugar · 1/4 cup
- Herbie's Tamarind · 1 tablespoon
- Warm Water · 1/4 cup
- Herbie's Laksa Mix · 2 tablespoons
Start by soaking the 1 tablespoon of Herbie's Tamarind in 1/4 cup of warm water. At the same time soak the rice noodles in 12oz. of warm water. Set both aside while you prepare the rest of the dish.
In a medium sauce pan heat all of the ingredients for the dressing over medium heat. Once the liquid comes to a boil remove from the heat and reserve.
Heat a pot of water over high heat. Once it begins to boil remove the pre-soaked rice noodles from the water they were sitting in and cook them in the boiling water until al dente then drain.
To serve: Combine the rice noodles and the dressing in a bowl, mix thoroughly until the noodles are coated with the dressing. Then garnish with carrots, cucumber, cilantro, and Herbie's Dukkah. Enjoy with Williamson Wines Joy Sauvignon Blanc!
Chef Tips: This recipe is great for lunch or even dinner and would go great with grilled prawns or BBQ pork on top!