Bay Seasoning is a salty spice blend that can equally double as an all purpose seasoning sprinkle for grilled, barbecued and roasted meats.
Sprinkle over food at the table or add to the water to season a crab boil. It has a little Aussie difference from the 'bay seasonings" you may know. Use for steamed crabs, fish, potato salad, potatoes, and other vegetables.
- two slices bread, crusts removed
- milk sufficient to moisten bread
- one pound crabmeat, picked through and cleaned
- one quarter teaspoon salt
- one teaspoon Herbies Bay Seasoning
- one tablespoon baking powder
- one tablespoon chopped parsley
- one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- one tablespoon mayonnaise
- three to four tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
Clean crabmeat removing all pieces of shell or cartilage. Try not to break up any of the large chunks of crab as they look good in the finished cakes
Break bread into small pieces and moisten with milk; combine with the remaining ingredients and mix together well. Shape into four to six patties. Fry crabcakes in hot oil until browned; flip and brown other side.
Serve with mayonnaise, tartar sauce or lemon wedges and a small dish of Herbies Bay Seasoning on the side.
Salt, Paprika, Celery Seed, Chilli, Bay Leaves, Mace, Mustard, Allspice, Ginger, Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon.
Other Common Names:
Crab Boil Seasoning, Old Bay Seasoning, Crab Seasoning