Chicken and Dumplings
This quick-and-easy recipe for Chicken & Dumplings is the perfect comfort food.
- Ginger, minced · 1 tablespoon
- For The Soup: ·
- Garlic, minced · 3 cloves
- Chicken Stock · 6 cups
- Onion, 1/4 inch dice · 1
- 2 stalks Celery, 1/4 inch diced ·
- 2 Carrots, 1/4 inch dice ·
- Herbie's Bay Seasoning · 2 teaspoons
- Rotisserie Chicken, meat pulled and shredded · 1
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley ·
- For the Dumplings: ·
- 1 cup milk ·
- 1/2 cup butter ·
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ·
- 3 Eggs ·
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ·
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbie's whole nutmeg, grated ·
For the soup:
To a large heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sweat the onion, carrots and celery.
Add in the garlic and ginger, and saute two more minutes until fragrant.
Add the chicken broth, and Herbie's Bay Seasoning. Simmer until the, vegetables are tender about 20 minutes.
To make the dumplings and finish the soup:
Bring the milk and butter to a simmer, add salt and nutmeg. Remove from heat and immediately add flour stirring until dough leaves the sides of the pan. Remove to a separate bowl and incorporate the eggs, one at a time using a wooden spoon, forming a sticky dough.
Season the soup to taste with salt . Add 2 tablespoon sized balls of dumpling dough and simmer until dumplings rise. Gently stir in the shredded chicken and fresh chopped parsley.