a great chef needs a great team . . .
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a very creative culinary team at the forefront of food and wine cuisine.
We are looking for a professional Line Chef to prepare food to the chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu.
This is a full time position with an above-average pay plan and normal hours in the 10 am to 7 pm range. A generous benefits plan including medical and 401(k) plans are included after normal qualifying period.
The Line Chef will participate in preparing and plating food and normal kitchen cleaning. Duties include:
- Follow chef’s instructions
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Ensure that food comes out in a timely fashion
- Comply with all sanitation and health and safety standards
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven experience as a Line Chef, Restaurant Cook or Prep Cook
- Understand various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned task
- Certification for existing health and safety standards
- The physical ability to lift and carry a case of wine weighing 50+ pounds
- Available to work weekends, both Saturday and Sunday
- Culinary school diploma preferable but not required