Spring Pea Soup with Mint and Cardamom
- 1 pound Frozen Peas ·
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil ·
- 2 stalks of Celery, chopped ·
- 3 Leeks (light green and white parts only), cleaned and chopped ·
- 1 quart Vegetable Stock ·
- 2 tablespoons Butter ·
- 1/2 bunch Mint, chopped ·
- 2 teaspoons Herbie's Cardamom Seed (ground) ·
- Salt, to taste ·
- 2 ounces Heavy Cream ·
In a large pot heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat. Add the leeks and the celery. Cook for about 5 minutes.
Then add the peas and mint. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
Finish by adding the vegetable stock and cooking for 2 more minutes.
Once everything is well incorporated puree all the ingredients in a few batches in a blender. Puree the soup until smooth.
Then add the Herbie's Cardamom Seeds (ground), heavy cream, and salt to taste.
Once it is all pureed and seasoned to your liking re-heat the pureed soup on the stove top if it cooled down in the pureeing process and serve immediately. Enjoy with a glass of Williamson Wines Sauvignon Blanc.
Chef Tommy's Tips:
- Want to make this soup heartier? Simple cook 1 pound of sliced bacon until golden brown and crispy. Chop the bacon into bite sized pieces and garnish the soup with it and enjoy!