Seafood Pasta Saffron Cream
Easy to make this decadent seafood pasta brings the briny yet sweet flavors of bay scallops, clams, debearded mussels and shrimp together with the heady aroma of saffron all simmered in a rich and buttery cream sauce.
- 1 package Herbie's Saffron ·
- 1 1/2 cup Williamson Wines Caress Cuvee Blanc ·
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced ·
- 1 pound dried pasta (such as capellini, linguine, or tagliatelle) ·
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed seafood (bay scallops, clams, debearded mussels, peeled and deveined shrimp) ·
- 1 cup heavy cream ·
- Chives, minced · 2 tablespoons
Soak the saffron in the white wine fro at least 20-30 minutes.
Add the white wine and saffron mixture, minced garlic and the heavy cream to a large saute pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat and reduce liquid by 1/3.
Meanwhile bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente.
Add the clams and mussels, and bring to a boil, then cover and cook until the shellfish just start to open(they will fully open during the rest of cooking), discard any shellfish that remain closed.
Add the shrimp and let cook 2-3 minutes, then add the bay scallops, cook just 2 more minutes until opaque. when pasta is done, add to the shellfish, and toss together. Serve right away sprinkled with the chives.