Celery Root and Green Apple Remoulade with Bay Shrimp
Tart green apple perfectly complements the mellow flavor of celery root for our classic céleri rémoulade. Combined with small, pink wild bay shrimp produces a sweet, simple salad with incredible flavor.
- Celery root, trimmed and cut into thin matchsticks · 1
- Green Apples, cut into thin matchsticks · 2
- Creme fraiche · 1 cup
- Herbie's Fennel Seed · 2 tablespoons
- Grainy Mustard · 2 tablespoons
- Honey · 2 tablespoons
- Lemon, juiced · 1
- Chives, minced · 1 tablespoon
- Bay Shrimp · 1/2 pound
In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the fennel seeds until golden and fragrant. In a spice or coffee grinder grind the fennel seed.
Whisk together the creme fraiche, toasted fennel seed, mustard, honey, and lemon juice.
Just before serving toss the celery root and apple with the dressing and top with the bay shrimp and garnish with chives.