This naturally antioxidant rich tomato powder boasts high levels of vitamins A, C, and K, making it a perfect choice for a healthier you!
Non-GMO, with BPA free packaging and no additives, means you can enjoy using tomato powder guilt free. Getting your veggies has never been so easy... and delicious!
Once you try this tomato powder, you will be surprised at how many other uses you will find.
- Use when you need a little more tomato sauce or paste, but hate to open up a whole can.
- If you make your own pasta, tomato powder adds a lovely flavor as well as color. This is very useful in the off-season, when fresh tomatoes aren't very flavorful.
- Sprinkle it on pizza, bread or salads for flavor enhancement.
- Add it to homemade French, Russian or 1000 Island dressing.
- Mix with equal parts of water to make an instant, rich red tomato paste to thicken sauces, stews and gumbos.
- Makes great tasting pizza and spaghetti sauce.
- Add a tablespoon to curries or tagines for extra body and flavor.
Once opened, tomato powder is hypersensitive to moisture, so store it in your refrigerator to enjoy the fresh tomato taste for years!
Other Common Names: Instant Tomato Paste
Botanical Name: (Lycopersicon esculentum)
Health Benefits: The deep red color of tomatoes is due to the high concentration of lycopene, an antioxidant. Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals that cause wear and tear on the tissues and cells. Antioxidants help to neutralize carcinogens, may soothe inflammation, and slow the aging process. Tomatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin C and may enhance immune function. They are also rich in biotin, which is necessary to build healthy fats in the skin, keeping it youthful, hydrated and supple. Diets low in biotin impair the production of insulin, a key hormone in the balancing of blood sugar.