Meritage / Bordeaux Style Wine Tasting
Bordeaux, the largest wine growing region in France is recognized as producing some of the world's finest and most expensive blended red wines.
Red Bordeaux is generally made from a blend of grapes, typically Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Malbec while white Bordeaux is predominantly Sémillon and Sauvignon Blanc.
These individual varieties are known as the Noble Family of Bordeaux.
Wineries all over the world aspire to making blended wines in a Bordeaux style. In 1988, a group of American vintners formed The Meritage Association to identify wines made in this style.
This tasting allows you the opportunity to experience a selection of our Noble and Meritage style wines selected by us from the following lists, each paired with appetizer size food plates prepared by our winery chef.
Noble ~ Standalone Bordeaux Varietals
- Joy Sauvignon Blanc
- Amour Merlot
- Sultry Cabernet Franc
- Tango Malbec
- Perky Petit Verdot
- Seduce Cabernet Sauvignon
Meritage ~ Bordeaux Blends
- Allure Meritage
- Entice Cuvée
- Clarissa Vin Rouge
- Ravish Mélange
- Amuse Barrel Selection
- Folly Vineyard Two
Reserve a Tasting
- Tasting fee: $75 per guest.
- Wine Club Members receive their club discount on tasting fees.
- Tastings are available every day at 12 noon, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm by appointment
- Reservations are required - call: 707-433-1500
- To reserve a tasting via email Email us . . .
- For groups larger than eight or any questions call or Email us . . .
- Location: 18 Matheson Street, Healdsburg CA 95448 directions . . .
- Increase the food pairings size to become lunch - additional $15 per guest.
- Have the Winemaker join you for the tasting - additional $40 per guest.
NOTE: If purchasing this tasting on-line please choose any additional options from the individual tasting products in the shop.
- All tastings are seated and include wine and food service
- Be sure to advise your server of any allergies or food preferences
- Allow about 90 minutes for your tasting
- Reservations are cancelled for guests over 30 minutes late
- Please do not bring any outside food or drink
- Tasting fees are non-refundable
- To visit us in a group of more than eight please contact our concierge
The French have a way of making simple words sound romantic. Call an assortment of things a mélange or cuvée, and voila, you've given it a sparkle that words like mixture or blend just cannot convey. Since our wine names have a romance theme and our Meritage wines are all French in nature we included a few French terms in our wine naming convention, for example:
- Meritage ~ American wine blended in the Bordeaux style. (from: Merit + Heritage)
- Cuvée ~ A French term used to specifically indicate a blend of wines in a tank.
- Mélange ~ A French term for a mixture (from mesler, which means "to mix.")
- Vin Rouge ~ French for Red Wine