Spice Tonic 250g
Take control of your well-being! Stir up to one teaspoon of these friendly spices into a glass of fruit or vegetable juice, or add to yogurt, for a great start to the day. Spice Tonic, a combination of all the “good guys” of the spice world.
While we are firmly in the culinary world, and definitely NOT medicinal, we can’t help but notice that medical researchers are singing the praises of turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties, cinnamon as an aid for diabetics, and other spices for other helpful actions.
So many customers are regular users, stirring it into their morning fruit juice or yogurt, that we are now packing Spice Tonic in a 250g pouch. Once you’re hooked, it makes sense to have a larger amount on hand.
Contains: Turmeric (curcumin), beetroot powder, sweet paprika, cassia, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, cloves, lemon myrtle, green cardamom.
Sprinkle over chicken or fish before cooking for an exotic Moroccan flavor.
Nutritional Information: (Spice mix only)
Energy (kj) 1333; Protein (g) 10; Fat (g) Total 6.67; Fat (g) Saturated 0; Carbohydrate (g) 46.67; Sugars (g) 16.67; Sodium (mg) 167
MOROCCAN CHICKEN B'STILLA
500g chicken thigh fillets
2 cups chicken stock
1 onion grated
1.5 tsps Spice Tonic
1 clove garlic crushed
3 eggs beaten with a pinch of salt
4 sheets Filo pastry
1 Tbs ghee or butter
1 Tbs ground almonds
1 Tbs icing sugar.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Bring stock to boil with chicken, onion, 1/2 teaspoon Spice Tonic & garlic.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken, boil stock rapidly and reduce to 3/4 cup (about 20 minutes)
- Chop chicken finely, set aside
- Stir beaten eggs into reduced stock, stir constantly until scrambled
- Remove from heat & stir in chicken
- Combine almonds & 1 tsp Spice Tonic, set aside
- Layer filo into greased ovenproof dish, brushing each one with melted ghee & rotating each sheet by 45 degrees, overlapping dish edges
- Place filling over pastry, fold over-lapping pastry over top, brushing with ghee and sprinkling with almond/spice mixture
- Bake 20 mins, then invert onto baking tray & cook 10 minutes more