Fish Cake Spice Mix
This tasty blend will enhance the flavor of fish, whether pan-fried, grilled or made into fish cakes.
Australian native spices give it a fresh, lively taste.
Try this Fish Cake recipe and don’t be afraid to experiment.
- 3 medium potatoes ,peeled and quartered.
- 1 tsp butter
- 3/4 pound cod (approx 2 pieces) or similar fish of your choice such as sea bass, monkfish or sole.
- 1 tsp capers finely chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Herbie's Fish Cake Spice Mix
- 1 tsp red chili finely chopped (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup raw polenta
Boil potatoes until tender, approx 12 minutes then mash with butter.
Meanwhile poach fish until it flakes easily. Drain, remove skin and any bones and flake fish into a bowl.
Add onion, chili (optional) and capers, stir in egg yolk and spice mix.
Form into 8 large or 10 medium patties.
Place polenta in a shallow dish, roll fishcakes to coat.
Heat oil in pan, add fish cakes and cook until crisp on both sides.
Coriander seed, sumac, fennel, mace, ginger, lemon myrtle, dill, parsley, pepperberry.
Packet Size: 30g or approx 1 oz.