Extra Virgin Olive Oil
From the Home Ranch olive trees this liquid gold Tuscan-style extra-virgin olive oil is delicious with a crusty bread and a glass of wine or used in dishes from the kitchen.
Only 500 bottles available offered in 750 ml screw cap bottles - twice the size of most olive oil bottles - to make usage easy.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Sustainably grown and harvested solely on our Home Ranch.
Our olives are not mixed or blended with olives from other growers and represents the pure extra-virgin oil only from our Tuscan Olive Trees.
Tuscany grows four main types of olives, Frantoio, Moraiolo, Leccino, and Pendolino all of which have been imported and planted on our Home Ranch with a majority being Frantoio considered the best for fruity aroma, rich color and fine oil character.
We utilize a traditional stone olive mill certified by the California Certified Organic Farmers for milling our artisan extra-virgin olive oil.
We maintain a low operating temperature to conserve the organoleptic properties of our olive varietals, preventing undue bitterness.
After milling the oil is settled in barrels before it is racked and bottled. We purposely leave our oil unfiltered so it may retain its maximum original properties, nutrients and flavor.
Wine and olive oil are two of the oldest products of human culture, forming the essential component of Mediterranean and Italian cooking, and especially Tuscan cooking, because the flavor it imparts to foods is absolutely delightful.
Olive oil is widely recognized as one of the world’s healthiest oils. In fact, people tend to live longer and healthier lives in regions where olive oil is a staple part of the diet.
Specifically Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is good for the heart, the arteries, and is a powerful antioxidant. In fact, olive oil is the only oil in which you can enjoy unlimited quantities of without worrying about harmful saturated fats.
Here's a few specific health features being discussed about olive oil.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a rich source of antioxidants and monounsaturated fats, both of which are thought to protective cardiovascular health.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains a number of active compounds that contribute to heart health. Observational studies consistently find that those who consume the most have a lower risk of heart disease.
- A diet high in olive has been shown to dramatically reduce the risk of stroke in observational studies.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil may help improve insulin sensitivity, which can help protect against type 2 diabetes or to manage pre-existing diabetes.
- When you consider its oxidative stability, superior antioxidant contents and ratio of monounsaturated fat, as well as its diverse flavor profile, Extra Virgin Olive Oil is easily the best choice for cooking.
- Cooking with Extra Virgin Olive Oil can help retain – and in some instances increase – the number of nutrients and antioxidants in the cooked food that would otherwise be lost or damaged.
- Emerging evidence links polyphenols and olive oil consumption to a reduced risk of bone loss in old age. More research is required to prove this with any certainty.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil could potentially protect against some cancers, at least theoretically, so it can’t hurt to try.
- Early research suggests that a diet high in Extra Virgin Olive Oil may inhibit the compounds responsible for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Observational studies consistently show that those who eat a diet rich in Extra Virgin Olive Oil tend to live longer.
Health information provided by The Olive Wellness Institute
, a science repository guided by scientific experts and a source of credible information relating to the nutrition, health and wellness benefits of olive products, such as Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Become spoiled by our extra virgin olive oil, saving it for special occasions and meals where you really want the oil to shine. Use it for fresh bruschetta or add it raw to cooked foods, allowing the heat of the food to release the aromatic properties of the oil.