The Winery Tasting Assistant is an entry level position supporting the winery tasting room staff with everything from simple food plating to opening wine to loading the glasswasher to moving and unpacking wine boxes.
This is an excellent earning platform for a wine-lover or someone who wants to understand the wine industry from the inside and could easily lead to a career in our operation.
The pay plan is above average and this could be a full-time position for at least one person or part-time for two people.
Prior tasting room experience is not a requirement although a background in retail wine or food service may be an advantage. Training will be provided and you will have the opportunity to work with our tasting staff, winemakers and chefs for a broad range of experience.
- Performs duties related to wine-tasting, including washing of glasses and china, bussing tables and set-up and tear-down for events
- Operate commercial dishwashers for glasses, china and flatware
- Serve as a food runner and bus tables in the tasting room and outside patios
- Ensure that tasting rooms, patios, kitchen work areas and all other areas are are clean and fully stocked throughout the day
- Assist guests with carrying wine purchases to their vehicle
- Comply with all company and County health and sanitary policies and regulations
- Assist with receiving and storage of wine or merchandise, tagging merchandise, keeping storerooms neat and organized
- Assist with wine and merchandise physical inventories
- Able to work cooperatively and pleasantly with colleagues
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Neat and organized work habits; reliable and dependable
- High School diploma/GED
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs regularly
- Possess a valid driver's license