a great chef needs a great team . . .
This is an excellent opportunity to learn under the guidance of our innovative Executive Chef with over twenty five years experience working with food and wine from Dijon France to Japan to San Francisco, Napa and Sonoma.
We are looking for an experienced cook or chef to join our team, preparing food to the chef’s specifications, assisting in recipe development and manage stations for menu service. Become part of our creative culinary team operating at the forefront of food and wine cuisine.
This is a full time position with an above-average pay plan and normal hours in the 10 am to 7 pm range. A generous benefits plan including medical and 401(k) plans are included after normal qualifying period.
The Winery Chef will participate in preparing and plating food and normal kitchen duties including:
- Follow chef’s instructions
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Ensure that food comes out in a timely fashion
- Comply with all sanitation and health and safety standards
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Assist in developing new culinary trends and recipes
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven experience as a Line Chef, Restaurant Cook, Catering Cook or Prep Cook
- Understand various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned task
- Certification for existing health and safety standards
- The physical ability to lift and carry a case of wine weighing 50+ pounds
- Available to work some weekends.
- Culinary school diploma preferable but not required