Tasting Room Manager
sometimes . . . wine is just necessary . . .
We are seeking an extraordinary manager with experience in front of house operations, hospitality and customer service, combined with a passion for wine.
We have been operating tasting rooms in downtown Healdsburg for over twenty years and have a huge wine club customer base. We retain customers by caring about them and delivering more than just great wines.
Our tasting rooms are well staffed with many highly focused, long-term employees that we think of as family.
Together we have built something uncommon, a busy tasting room where people are always happy and the customer experience is over the top, garnering over 500 five-star reviews from visitors on Yelp, Trip Advisor and Google.
Processes and procedures are working fine but our own successful growth has left us with a requirement for a new family member so if you think you can bring a strong operational performance with guidance, support, and leadership then talk to us. Duties include:
- Promote a positive and collegial atmosphere for your team members.
- Schedule, supervise and motivate team members, delivering exceptional hospitality and sales standards.
- Manage and guide the flow of guests while identifying opportunities for sales, memberships, customer service and retention.
- Assign guest experiences to the appropriate Associates depending upon skill levels and opportunity.
- Supervise tasting room operations, monitoring service and housekeeping levels, handling opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain effective trained state of direct report Associates using our ongoing education materials.
- Carry out responsibilities respectfully, in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Become expert in POS, reservation, CRM systems, safety processes and tasting room SOPs.
They will be well spoken with good verbal communication skills. Be able to demonstrate social skills such as empathy, cooperative approach and a positive attitude. The ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships is essential.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required and a Bachelor's Degree is preferred with an existing high level of computer literacy with Microsoft Word and Excel or similar Google products.
This is a highly paid position of trust managing a team of professionals. It includes a significant benefits package and is a wonderful working environment in which you will meet and deal with interesting, happy people every day. If you have had a stellar performance in your career to date please feel free to apply.