Vanilla Bean Sugar
Vanilla Bean Sugar is made from carefully cured, natural vanilla beans from Vanuatu, blended with Australian cane sugar.
Sprinkle over figs and other fruit when grilling, and use whenever a vanilla sweetness is desired.
Contains: - Sugar, ground premium grade vanilla beans.
Recipe - Chantilly Cream
A good Chantilly cream recipe is essential to every French kitchen. Rich whipped cream infused with sweet vanilla is a classic embellishment to French pastry, pies and tarts. Try a large spoon in black coffee - yeow!!!
2 cups heavy cream 1 tablespoon Herbie's' Vanilla Bean Sugar
In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla bean sugar together on high speed until soft peaks form in the mixture.
Makes enough cream for one average-size cake or pastry recipe. Chill any unused Chantilly cream for later use.
Recipe - Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Vanilla ice cream is a favorite and our Vanilla Bean Sugar makes you impatient to make some. Start with your basic ice cream recipe and add a few extra egg yolks to make it even creamier. By the time the mixture is done it is really nice and creamy and the vanilla flavour is strong, just the way we all like it.
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1/2 cup Herbie's Vanilla Bean Sugar
4 egg yolks
- Heat the cream, milk and vanilla bean sugar in a sauce pan until it almost boils, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add one table spoon of the cream mixture to the eggs to temper them.
- Add the egg mixture to the sauce pan.
- Cook at low heat until it thickens and can coat the back of a spoon.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge.
- Freeze according to the instructions for your ice cream machine.