Spice Tonic 1 Kg Bulk Packet
Take control of your well-being!
Stir up to one teaspoon into a glass of fruit or vegetable juice, or add to yogurt, for a great start to the day.
Contains: Turmeric (curcumin), beetroot powder, sweet paprika, cassia, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, cloves, lemon myrtle, green cardamom.
Sprinkle over chicken or fish before cooking for an exotic Moroccan flavor, or use it to flavor this Moroccan Bastilla.
RECIPE: MOROCCAN CHICKEN BASTILLA
- 500g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion grated
- 1.5 tsps Spice Tonic
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 eggs beaten with a pinch of salt
- 4 sheets Filo pastry
- 1 Tbs ghee or butter
- 1 Tbs ground almonds
- 1 Tbs icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Bring stock to boil with chicken, onion, 1/2 teaspoon Spice Tonic & Garlic.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken, boil stock rapidly and reduce to 3/4 cup (about 20 minutes)
- Chop chicken finely, set aside
- Stir beaten eggs into reduced stock, stir constantly until scrambled
- Remove from heat & stir in chicken
- Combine almonds & 1 tsp Spice Tonic, set aside
- Layer filo into greased ovenproof dish, brushing each one with melted ghee & rotating each sheet by 45 degrees, overlapping dish edges
- Place filling over pastry, fold over-lapping pastry over top, brushing with ghee and sprinkling with almond/spice mixture
- Bake 20 mins, then invert onto baking tray & cook 10 minutes more
Serve with a chilled bottle of Williamson Relish Roussanne.