a great chef needs a great team . . .
We want an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to our recipes.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.. Duties include:
- Follow the prep list created by our Executive and Sous chefs to plan duties
- Cut, wrap and sticker cheese portions for our cheese club and tasting rooms
- Label and organize ingredients on shelves so they are easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Maintain a clean kitchen; washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven experience as a Prep Cook
- Knowledge of health and safety standards in a kitchen
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned task
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- The physical ability to lift and carry a case weighing 50+ pounds
- Available to work weekends, both Saturday and Sunday
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Culinary school diploma preferable but not required
This could lead to a full time position with an above-average pay plan and normal hours in the 10 am to 7 pm range. A generous benefits plan including medical and 401(k) plans are included after normal qualifying period.