OP-Tasting Rooms - General
Williamson Wines is proud of a staff reflective of the rich heritage and traditions of the winery. Our hospitality managers know your name and remember your favorite wines. Our chefs procure the freshest ingredients daily and prepare your tasting with the same care delivered over the past fifteen years. Our guests deserve the best and that's what Williamson Wines consistently delivers.
Differentiating our Tasting Rooms
As our wine business grew we found our tasting room constantly full, so we doubled its size. It continued to fill so we opened a second tasting room just down the block from our original. Now, with two tasting rooms less than 200 yards apart, this is how we differentiate them:
- Our Original tasting room at 134 Matheson Street has been in continuous operation 363 days each year since 2006, focusing on complimentary wine and fridge-food pairings.
- The Original operates on a first come, first served basis and is limited to ten tables so when it’s full – it’s full! It takes no reservations and is usually packed Friday through Sunday. Guests, including famous, important, or influential people, may have to wait for a table, and may very well be standing next to some of the county's business or political leaders, or other local celebrities.
- We have forty-two different wines available to taste. At 134 we only open about six different wines for tastings each day so returning a second time does not give you the chance to sample our wide range of wines. The only way to taste some of our exquisite, small-production wines is to visit our tasting room called Eighteen located at 18 Matheson Street.
- Eighteen focuses on specific flights of our wines paired with dishes created by our winery chefs to bring healthy farm-to-table cuisine together with exotic spices and our world class wines all with the intimate charm of wine country hospitality. These tastings are all by appointment and the cost is associated with the level of wines to be tasted. These tastings can also include lunch.
Recently we have added a single taste option at both 134 and 18 so a wine club member may order a single glass of wine (served with cheese) to taste. This is a simple, easy way to enjoy just that one wine you came to try in a comfortable environment for a single $15 glass price, less your wine club member discount.
Quick Thinking Q&A
- Did you have an appointment?
- Let me have your name and number of guests in your party.
- would you like a glass of wine at the bar while you wait?
I can see we will not have a table in less than 30 minutes
- Would you like me to keep you on the list?
- We allocate the tables based on the list of names waiting.
- I will call your name when a table is ready.
- If you are not around to respond I will call the next name.
If you are wine club member your discount also applies.
Would you prefer a white or red wine?
I can offer you two-for-one for today which is 50% discount off the normal price.
The tasting sessions start at 12 noon or 2 pm or 4 pm - would one of these be OK?