OP-Responsibilities Customer Service
Customer service is the process of ensuring customer satisfaction with our products and services.
Specific skills that every customer service employee needs:
- Patience - It's important to let customers fully talk about their issues.
- Attentiveness - Pay attention - really listen to customers.
- Clear Communication Skills - Focus on getting to the problem at hand.
- Product Knowledge - You must know our products, policies and procedures.
- Positive Language – Turn “I can’t” into “I can”.
- Positive Self-Control - Maintain upbeat personality when dealing with grumpy people.
- Time Management - Get to what customers want in an efficient manner.
- “Read” Customers - Look for clues about their mood, patience level, personality, etc.
- Calm Presence - Stay cool under pressure.
- Goal-Oriented Focus – State and understand the customer service goals.
- Ability to Handle Surprises – Know who is your go-to person.
- Persuasion Skills – Ability to convince customers that your offering is right for them.
- Tenacity - Refuse to just do the “status quo” when it comes to helping someone out.
- Closing Ability - Ability to end the conversation with confirmed satisfaction.
- Empathy - Ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
- Willingness to Learn - Personal desire to constantly seek to improve.