Every job in our company is important, every customer is important and every employee is important.
Positions Currently Available
Tasting Room Sales Associate
Duties of the Tasting Room Associate include greeting customers, conducting wine and food tastings with the ability to explain each of our wine and food products.
Applicant needs to understand and successfully communicate the benefits of our various club memberships and to be available to serve wine and food at our events. The Tasting Room Associate is normally a full-time position however we also would welcome an applicant who only wants to work weekends as an hourly employee.
Applicant should have:
- good verbal communications skills
- outgoing personality
- the ability to interact socially with people of all ages and backgrounds
- the physical ability to lift and carry a case of wine weighing 50+ pounds.
Our customers appreciate dealing with happy, knowledgeable people so we provide an attractive set of benefits that encourage and assist our employees to do a stellar job.
- Our facilities are modern, air-conditioned and located in safe areas.
- Most positions are full -time, 8 hours per day five days each week.
- All staff receive two ten-minute breaks and a thirty-minute lunch break every day.
- Pay is directly deposited into employees bank accounts every two weeks.
- New employees receive initial off-site classroom training
- Weekly staff meetings provide employee participation in the business.
- All employees receive regular performance reviews.
- Tasting Room staff receive tips and gratuities via the POS system.
- Qualified employees may elect to have medical coverage via Kaiser or Sutter plans.
- Operating guidelines are published on the employee web site.
- Employees receive a minimum 3% of salary bonus annually after qualifying.
- Make pre-tax savings investments in a managed 401(k) retirement plan.
- Regular training covers products, customers and job updates.
- Non-discriminatory hiring and advancement practices are observed.
- On-Line Policy & Procedures Manuals maintain your rights as a California employee.
We observe non-discriminatory hiring practices and require all applicants to be of good character with a solid background of experience in their particular job function. Generally all positions are full-time, with above-average compensation, medical plan and employer contributed 401(k) plan after qualifying period.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have a current work visa with a valid SSN; must hold a current California driver’s license and be free of DUI for at least five years.
This is a business where alcohol is contained within our products and opening and tasting our products is normal everyday practice. We require all employees to ensure that their judgement and performance at work are never impaired by alcohol so we apply a zero tolerance to alcohol consumption in the workplace. Employees may however purchase our products at a discount for their own off-premise use out of work hours. If you have a problem abstaining from alcohol then perhaps a winery or tasting room is the wrong place for you to work.
Smoking has been banned in all enclosed workplaces in California, including bars, restaurants and tasting rooms. Smoking is not permitted outside of of a tasting room within 20 feet of the entrance . Further, as a rule we do not allow smoking of cigarettes e-cigarettes, vape bars, tobacco-less cigarettes, pot and similar products within 20 feet of our property boundary. If you have a problem abstaining from smoking then perhaps California is the wrong place for you to work