Discussions with Bill Williamson
Farmer, Winemaker, Businessman, Software Entrepreneur, Food Lover, Author- Who is this Australian Guy?
I grow good grapes, I make good wine and I share it with friends, lots and lots of friends.
Every time I walk through one of our tasting rooms I'm asked question about vineyards, grapes, wines, corks or food or a hundred other things so I decided to answer them for everyone.
I hope you enjoy my ramblings . . .
- French Style California Wines - Why French Style and how do you do that?
- Sustainable Agriculture Practices - Where is Williamson on this concept?
- Aging Wine - Why, how long, what about aging Williamson Wines?
- Storing Wine - Tempreature, Conditions, Humidity, etc.
- Corks - Why cork? What is "corked" wine?
- Recognizing Wine Flaws - Tartrate, VA, Brett, Acetaldehyde, Sulfur, RS.
- Decanting Wine - Why decant, how, what wines, issues?
- Serving Wine - Serving temperature, opening, testing, presenting, pouring, glassware.
- Tasting Wine - A four step process for tasting wine.
- Our Original Vision in Making Wine - Decisions that defined us.
- Heritage - Where we came from
- Soil To Glass - Critical Decisions
- Vineyards - How many and where?
- Vineyard Team - Farmers, Farmers, Farmers
- Winemaking - Our techniques, Vegan Wines, "Contains Sulfites".
- Vegan Wines? - Yep - no fining, no filtering.
- Tasting Room Teams - Those magnificent young people and their corkscrews.
- Way Beyond Wine - The Book - The Williamson Wines Story.
- GrapeGears - The software we built to run our business.
- Press & Accolades - From when we used to compete.
- French Oak Barrels - Why use barrels and why French?
- Our Wine Styles - Wine has style? These do!